• Make Money on Paid Posting!

Your creative thinking and contents published on the forum are paid — you will get points for each of your posts. The points can be withdrawn to eWallets. All the details of the Points Program you will find here.

Top-level Domain Zone as Idea for ICO

Do you think it's a good idea?

• Bull’s-eye!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't know. I need to think about it.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, that's a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, I don't care for that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Apr 16, 2018
blog.hyip.com
Discount Discount Discount
In early 2012, the non-profit organization ICANN came up with a genius commercial move — started accepting applications for generic top-level domains — gTLDs.

Since then, there have been registered more than 1,000 gTLDs, and 22 million ngTLDs domains, which is more than 6% of the number of "traditional" domains and this percentage is increasing with each passing year.
Total ngTLDs

Source:
Domain Name Industry Brief (DNIB) - Verisign
new gTLD Statistics by Top-Level Domains

I believe that despite cryptocurrency dropping, the top domain names such as

.Coin
.Bitcoin
.Crypto
.Etherium
.ICO
.BTC
.BCC
.Token
.Wallet

will become a trophy in serious battles.:boss:
  • Moreover, even the banks want to fight for the most coveted, in my opinion, domain — .coin.
  • Last year, subsidiary of a well-known bank even registered trademarks for “.coin.”
  • According to other sources, the minimum lot value on this auction starts at $ 20K, which is quite expected.
New 'gift giving’ and redistribution of areas of influence are expected around in 2020

Since the ICANN's rules assumes the distribution of applications in the form of auctions, the struggle for crypto domains will be expensive and ‘bloody'.

I believe that until that time there will be an up-and-comer who will start and ICO and run a real crowd project.

I do not know what will happen in 2020, maybe the Earth will crash into its axis, but currently crypto-domains are very costly.

Just a few days ago, coin.store was sold for $ 27K, token.xyz — for $15K, etc., — that is, the demand for the crypto-domains is very stable and strong.

And what if top domains (like bit.coin) in the second level zone will be promised to large buyers of coins?
--
Reference: https://gnso.icann.org/sites/defaul...arching-issues-work-tracks-1-4-03jul18-en.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Text Ad & Logo