Tools to check trademark names?

J

Jeffevanz

Oct 31, 2018
Hello all,
I am thinking of registering my business name as early as possible. Since a good business name helps us to promote our products and services easily and build a brand name, I was always thinking of register a name for my business. But, what bothered me was there were no ways to check whether the chosen name is infringing upon in any other businesses that have the similar operating name in Ontario. I thought the ministry keep a track of all names. But, recently I got to know, the Enhanced Business Name Search does not include all the businesses operating inside Ontario. So, I would like to know whether there are any search tools available to check whether a name is infringing upon any other businesses' trademark?

Your Text Ad & Logo
dr.Gachet

dr.Gachet

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Hello!

To verify the uniqueness of the trademark, you have contact an attorney specializing in patent law or a patent search firm at the place of the trademark registration. Such institutions provide accurate information about available / existing trademarks.

Patent search online will not give you 100% results. Nevertheless, you can try to check the trademark here:

Search - Canadian Trademarks Database - Intellectual property and copyright - Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada

Rules Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.
    Forgot your password?