News Telegram Users’ Sensitive Data Exposed on Darknet

Margo

Margo

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator
Jun 15, 2018
1,466
Points
114
Telegram Users’ Sensitive Data Exposed on Darknet
Telegram has exposed database containing the sensitive info of millions of its users on the darknet through data leakage. A database of Telegram users phone numbers and unique user IDs has been posted on a darknet forum. It s unclear exactly how many users’ data was leaked while the database file is about 900 megabytes. 70% of leaked accounts came from Iran, while the remaining 30% were based in Russia. The issue was first reported by Russian-language tech publication Kod.ru on Tuesday. Telegram has acknowledged the data leakage to Kod.ru. While, Telegram declared that at least 60% of the database is outdated. This is not the first time Telegram users’ phone numbers being leaked. Back in August 2019, Hong Kong users reported on a vulnerability that exposed their phone numbers, allowing Chinese law enforcement agencies to track protesters’ identities. In response to the vulnerability, in September 2019 Telegram introduced a feature allowing users to show their phone number to nobody at all.

The post Telegram Users’ Sensitive Data Exposed on Darknet appeared first on HYIP.com - Online Investment Starts Here.

Continue reading...
 
Last edited:
BitStarz Casino
Advertise Here!
All HYIPs Monitor
Best Change
Investment Offer
Coin Payments

Rules Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Forgot your password?