• Make Money on Paid Posting!

Your creative thinking and contents published on the forum are paid — you will get points for each of your posts. The points can be withdrawn to eWallets. All the details of the Points Program you will find here.

How to Invest in Cryptos and ICOs — Trading Course

Golem

Golem

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone!

Before we start I want to introduce myself and tell you why I decided to create this course. First of all, it is necessary to note that I have 10 years of experience in online marketing, cryptocurrency trading, and app development. And I see that there is a huge demand for crypto investing tutorials and many people pay money for the crypto themed courses. That is wrong, and it is not sustainable.

I'm sure hat such king of info should be shared free and instead of paying for the courses you need to invest your funds in crypto project for making money. That is why I have decided to create this course which explains step by step what are cryptos, ICOs, and what are the best ways to earn money from bitcoin, alt-coins and ICO investing.

Okeydokey, now let's get a closer look at the cryptocurrency space. Roughly speaking, the world of crypto-currencies can be divided into two parts, directly crypto-currencies themselves (or coins) and ICOs (Initial Coin Offering). Let's look at both of these parts.

If you go to the coinmarketcap.com website, you will get a full picture of crypto market situation. We see market cap is close to 220 billion dollars and BTC Dominance is 52 percent.

coinmarket-jpg.485

And you can see there are more than 100 different coins on the crypto market. To make it easier for you, you can perceive crypto-currencies as ordinary currencies that are relevant to the digital market. In physical world, every country has its own currency, and in the digital world there are thousands of such digital countries with their own currencies.

On the site you can get the following information about each crypto currency: current market price, price fluctuation for the last 24 hours, currency circulating supply. By clicking on the heading Price Graph you can see the price fluctuation for long periods of time.

Coinmarketcap is not the only one website which you can use for crypto trading. As for me, I prefer to use coinwatch.com as it provides such up-to-date info as price changes for one hour — this is a very important indicator for full-time day traders.

coinwatch-jpg.486

So, I hope that the word "crypto currency" doesn’t make you make you feel tired or dizzy and we can go to the second part of the topic -- ICOs. :)

ICO (an Initial Coin Offering) is a fundraising mechanism in which new projects sell their crypto tokens (coins) to investors for raising funds for the development of the project. It’s somewhat similar to an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in which investors purchase shares of a company. How can we make money with ICO? If the project you have invested in is successful, the cost of its tokens will increase and, accordingly, you will get rich. Briefly, it works like this:

So, you should be able to spot your ‘fruit company’ among the hundreds of ICOs. It's no secret that many ICOs are pure water scams, so the question of ICO selecting is almost the most important in the investment process.

On the table below you can see what RIO ( Return on Investment) was received by the people who had invested at the start of some ICOs:

ian-jpg.487

In the next post, we will talk about the main strategies for ICO- and cryptocurrency investing.

And now I want to share with you my main principles of investment:

• Invest money that you can afford to lose.
  • Invest your return in new coins and ICOs.
  • Think long term.
These are the basic principles for those who want to jump onto the bandwagon of crypto-investment and achieve success in this field.

As I have mentioned above, tomorrow, I will tell you about the three main strategies of ICO and crypto investing, so that subscribe to my blog to avoid missing the following posts. :)

Your Text Ad & Logo
Golem

Golem

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Lesson 2

Welcome back to our boot camp! As I promised, today we are continuing the course which will help you to make the first steps in crypto and ICO investing.

Investments may be divided into three types:

• Long-term investments — for a period of 1 month and up to 12 month
A typical example of such investments is ICO investing which implies profit no earlier than 30-60 days.
  • Mid-term investments — investment for a period of 2 to 30 days.
Such investments are often associated with some crypto related events or Product release (with regard to ICO), change in the ICO leadership — something that must increase the value of the crypto currency in which you invest.

For example, after a conference which involved TRON developers the price of the currency has increased several times. And it was quite predictable.
  • Short-term investments — from 1 minute to 24 hours/max. 48 hours.
I promise that we will take a closer look at all three types of investment in the next lessons, but for now let's move from strategies to tactical challenges.

How and Where to Buy Crypto Currency?

So, you decided to invest in crypto. Where to buy crypto currency? The easiest way is to buy cryptocurrency with a debit card on a centralized exchange.

If you want to buy a cryptocurrency, for example bitcoin, you can choose the exchange, where it is listed at the best price. To do this, you need to go to coinmarketcap.com website.
2-1-jpg.519

For example, you are going to buy Bitcoins for USD. You'll need to select exchange, which offers BTC / Euro currency pair on the website.

Also you can buy a crypto currency for local fiat currency from private sellers on LocalBitcoins.com. Although this site often provides users with more profitable exchange offers than exchanges, it is possible that you may encounter fraud. Therefore, before you make an exchange, review the seller's profile and users' feedback about it.

Exchanges

So, you have bought bitcoins for fiat money and want to invest in another crypto currency, for example in NEO. To do this, we go to coinmarketcap.com and look for an exchange with BTC / NEO pair trading. I personally use the following several exchangers with good track records:

Poloniex.com

HitBTC.com

binance.com

bitfinex.com

As you can see, there is nothing too complicated in crypto investing. Now let’s go to the ICO investing.

How to create Ethereum Wallet

In order to invest in an ICO you have to open Ethereum wallet on MyEtherWallet.com.

This video shows how to create an address, send & receive funds and backup your wallet information.

After creating a wallet, you will receive an address and a private key. Now, when you have an Ether wallet, you can withdraw coins from your exchange account.

Golem

Golem

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Lesson 3

Short Term Investing — Tips and Advice

So, last time we learned where and how you can buy cryptocurrencies for fiat money as well as set up Ethereum wallet to get the opportunity to participate in ICOs. Okay, let's move on directly to trading. Three basic investing strategies were briefly described at previous lessons. Today we will focus on one of them — short-term investing. As I said earlier, short-term investment implies investing for a period of 1 hour to 24 hours.

I want to show you some cool tools that can be used for such kind of trading. I consider short-term trading as a very stressful and high-risk business. You can lose huge sums in an instant, so whether to use this strategy or not — it’s up to you.

On the other hand, as experience shows, you can increase your funds by 2,000 - 3,000% per day by trading in this mode!

Let's look at bitcoin price fluctuations on the chart bellow. We see that the price is changing every minute and all these changes appear in the chart.

1-jpg.581

1. Investing in Gainers And Losers

In order to better predict the rise / fall in cryptocurrency prices, you can use the Trending Tool at CoinmarketCap.com, clicking Trending > Gainers And Losers:

For example, if you invested in BrokerNekoNetwork 24 hours ago, your profit would be 101.98% today. Whereas an investment in Dignity would result in a loss of 24.53% of the deposit amount.

2-jpg.582

Thus, this tool allows to select the most profitable cryptocurrencies for investments. You can invest both in currencies that continue to rise in price and in a loser, with the expectation that the price of the currency will increase sooner or later.

Generally, there is gainers / losers graduation on any trading platform. For example, at HitBTC, you can sort the currencies in the Change section.

3-jpg.583

2. Investing in New Coins

You can also invest in cryptos that have only become available for trading. For that you must constantly monitor and use info about new cryptocurrencies. For instance, we see a message that CTR is now available on Feb. 9 at 23:00 (UTC + 8) and trading will start on Feb 9 at 23:00 (UTC+8). So you can buy the currency at this particular time, and when the price rise - sell it and make a profit.

cucoin-jpg.584

:boss:But keep in mind that it’s not worth to hold the coin for a long time, since the price increase is always a short term phenomenon in this case. Just a reminder, we are talking about short-term investing.:)

3. John McAfee’s Twitter

Here's another life hack. Twitter of computer program and businessman John McAfee is a great source of information for a large number of investors. Periodically, he tweets the best cryptocurrency or ICO, in his view, as a result of which the price for these projects goes up.

5-jpg.585

So you can focus on John’s tweets — once a cryptocurrency/ICO themed tweet appears in his feed, prices of these coins or tokens increase sharply.

:secret:Important Tip: Given the riskiness of short-term trading, I recommend to all novices to get some trading experience in make-believe mode . You can move on to real-money investments when your “fake” investments bring “fake” profits.

Last edited:
Golem

Golem

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Lesson 4

Mid Term Investing

Last time we looked at several tools and life hacks for short-term investing. Now let's move on to the mid-term one.

Mid-term strategy implies investing for a term of 1 day to 4 weeks. In order to better predict price fluctuations of a certain currency, you should use the cryptocurrency calendar, which provides information about the nearest currency related events. I usually use the calendar on coinmarketcal.com, but you can also use any similar site.

Now, let's say we want to know the price changes for TRON. Enter the currency name in the search box of the Upcoming Events section. The calendar gives us the only one major event related to this currency, which are scheduled for 27 October. It is logical to assume that the event will contribute to the rise in the price of the cryptocurrency.

tron-jpg.626

Look at the current currency trend on the coinmarketcap.com, to check our assumptions.

We see a slight price increase — and this is a good sign. After the TRON Community Meet Up, the value of the currency will increase by several times.

cm-jpg.627

This way you can monitor any cryptocurrency that you're interested in. In general, mid-term investing is less stressful than daily trading and doesn’t require being stuck behind a single computer screen all day long — in this case, you must pay attention to investing several times a week.

Long Term Investing
Frankly, this is my favorite way of investing. Long-term investment does not require daily involvement in the process, and always brings a good profit. What cryptocurrencies to invest in? Many investors to whom I spoke put money that way — they choose the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market-cap and invest at 10 percent of the funds in each of them for 12 month.

top10-jpg.628

The distribution of investments between Top 10 cryptos allows to minimize the risks of financial losses as well as increases chances to make a big profit due to an extreme price increase of the several cryptocurrencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Golem

Golem

Verified
Jun 18, 2018
Lesson 5

Live Trading on CryptoExchange Platform

This tutorial describes how to make a deposit and start trading on the HitBTC exchange.