This is the part 2 of the article. Read the Part 1.
Connection. To be on the safe side, work only with the HYIPs that have SSL certificate, and are DDos protected. Secured site can be identified by the presence of the icon “lock” in the address bar, and the address that begins with «https: //».
To work with HYIP projects and payment systems for them, it is recommended to use a web browser Google Chrome, because it provides optimal secure connection. Even more preferred option is to use the browser with its own encryption system, such as TOR Browser.
However you should use this browser only to work with HYIPs and exclude casual Internet surfing through it. Also, when you register and login to the various services it is worth storing passwords, using the AutoComplete feature, disabling cookies saving.
1. Use all available two or three-stage authorization forms on any services (in payment systems, or mail servers). Using SMS authentication, the input of additional payment passwords, access to only one IP and others will allow you to significantly increase your data security.
2. Install a separate application to work with e-mail accounts and check / send all mailings through it. Such a method is much safer to use to enter the mail server through a web-browser.
3. Do not open files, do not download attachments nor click on the links that are available in letters from unknown addresses. Your mail accounts will probably be filled with spam in the first week, the lion’s share of which is filled with viruses and Trojans.
4. Do not send your personal data, scanned copies of documents in response to a letter requesting an urgent verification.
5. Activate all the degrees of protection in payment systems – SMS requests, access to IP, backup keys, etc.
6. Set a password on the computer, the operating system account, and do not disclose them to third parties.
7. Install a special program-container (truecrypt.org) for storing and encrypting passwords. Through this program, you can operate all your accounts and quickly find a password to access them, as well as additional information. However, many such services make it possible to gain access to the password database through the Internet (so it is better to limit to the local version).
8. Set most complex passwords to access to your database and try to remember it, or fix it on paper, without duplicates in digital form.
9. To work with some of the payment systems it is needed to use file keys that are better to be kept on separate removable media.
10. Periodically change passwords on the main e-mail accounts and payment systems.
11. Turn off USB flash drives autorun. Use file managers to process data (Total Commander, FAR).
12. Ideally, use a separate notebook with limited access and a limited list of programs to work with projects only.
13. If you have seriously decided to do online investing and use a separate computer, then it is better to give preference to Linux, than usual Windows, which is less protected and has the majority of spyware and malware designed for it.
14. Physical access to the Internet must go through the router, rather than use a direct connection via twisted-pair wire into the computer port. Modern routers are equipped with brandmauers and firewalls, which restrict access of hackers and malicious software to your computer.